6 moving and packing tips that’ll help you plan for a successful move.
Sound Self Storage knows that moving can be a difficult process. With this in mind, we put together this list of 6 tips to help make it a little easier.
- Supplies: Start the moving and packing process by making a supply run. You may want to purchase items like packing tape, bubble wrap, moving boxes, sharpies (for labeling), and moving boxes. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to save up your newspaper for a few months as well!
- Packing Order: Leave the items you use a lot as the last things to pack. Start with seasonal items, or things that are not used very often.
- De-Clutter: It is not easy to get pair down your belongings, however, packing can be the perfect time to do so. Lightening your load can save you time and make your move a little easier.
- Know what you are packing: For breakable items, be sure to wrap them all separately in protective materials and pack boxes full so items stay stable. For books, laying them flat in the box will protect their spines from being damaged. Do not put heavy, durable items (like a kitchen pot) with breakable items (china plates).
- Weight: As you are packing, keep the weight of the box in mind. Make sure you can lift it when you are done and that the weight is well distributed in the box. Place the heavier boxes on the bottom.
- Hardware: Keep hardware with their paired item! Put hardware in a bag and tape it to its partner. Or make a box just for hardware with well labeled bags.
Sound Self Storage is your local source for storage and moving supply and box needs. For more information, call or visit one of our 4 Sound Self Storage locations.
*See manager for details